Please consider donating to the Washington International Chorus as you shop for the holidays. Over 800 retail stores participate in the "igive" program. For every purchase that you make, the participating stores send a donation to our chorus. Most of the major stores are participating in the program. If you go to the igive.com website, you can scroll through the list of stores.
Here's how to participate. The chorus thanks you in advance for your support.
iGive Registration and Shopping
How to Register:
1. Go to www.iGive.com/washinternationlchorus
2. Register as a member in the yellow box on the page.
3. Once you enter your personal information, it will ask you if you want to download iGive Search. This is optional, but if you do choose to download iGive Search, each search conducted through the toolbar will donate a penny to our cause.
3 Ways to make money for our cause on iGive
1. Online shopping:
* Going on iGive.com- You can go to iGive.com and scroll through the stores listed in the “All iGive Stores” box to find the store you wish to shop at. When you click on the store’s link, iGive will automatically start tracking your purchases. After your first store website visit (even if you don’t buy anything), you should get an email within a few days saying iGive successfully tracked your visit to that site.
* Searching through iGive.com search engine- If you decide to download the iGive search engine, your searches for stores partnered with iGive.com will also be tracked. You should get an email within a few days saying iGive successfully tracked your visit to that site.
* *For some sites, a popup box will appear that tells you the donation rate of this particular online store, as well as coupons available and their codes.
2. Using the search engine- Each search conducted through the downloaded iGive search engine earns a penny for our cause.
3. Donate - Our chorus is always happy to get individual donations. Just go to the SUPPORT US section on our homepage and click on Donate and you may make a tax deductible donation using our paypal link.
If you have additional questions about igive.com, they have a thorough Frequently Asked Questions page:
-It may take up to 10 days for donations and purchases to be credited to iGive.com
-Checks are mailed each month based on activities that happened 75 days ago. If we do not reach the $25 mark in a month, the funds we’ve raised will automatically roll over to the next month.
-Our personal referral link is:
Thank you. If you would like to let us know that you are a participant, please send us your name and email address.