The Washington International Chorus is looking for singers who wish to develop a diverse repertoire of choral music. We are a non-auditioned classical chorus and welcome people from different countries who have a desire to sing and to learn about the rich international repertoire of choral music.
Our repertoire includes traditional classical works from early music to 19th & 20th century arrangements of folk and indigenous tunes, new classical works, and more.
- Individuals with a love of choral music who would like the opportunity to make a wondrous sound.
- Novice singers are welcome if there is a desire and commitment to learn and grow.
- Experienced singers with a familiarity of singing in other languages and at least an intermediate sight-reading abilityare a plus.
- People who enjoy a musical challenge and are committed to learning their music quickly.
- Singers with great attitudes and creative thoughts who are willing to help on occasion with special events, fundraising and member recruitment.
Why Join the Washington International Chorus?
- You will have the opportunity to suggest and influence the music we perform.
- Gain experience working with dedicated and talented singers.
- Expand your choral repertoire and skills, including opportunities for solo work.
- Be part of a new, vibrant, and growing group who pushes excellence and fun!
To join the chorus as a singer, please let us know your interest and contact information by going to the "Contact Us" section of our website or call 202-236-3743. Auditions are not required, however, singers are invited to be guests at a rehearsal and have a discussion with the Conductor at the end of the rehearsal.
It is the responsibility of all singers to attend regular weekly rehearsals, practice their music during the week, and perform with the chorus at various venues.
We hope you’ll join us for rehearsal!
Rehearsals in the Washington area are held on Tuesdays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Univeralist National Church at the corner of 16th St. NW and S St.
The nearest metro stops are Dupont Circle and U Street. Some street parking is available but limited.
The chorus participation fees are $90 per season for fall and spring seasons, which is a total of $180.00 per year. Fees may be paid once a year, quarterly, or monthly. Any member who needs a partial waiver may let us know what amount he or she can pay. We turn no singer away - these are not considered dues but a voluntary contribution toward the expenses of maintaining our chorus.
/ Comments?/ Desire for more information? Call 202-236-3743.