The Washington International Chorus is looking for singers who wish to develop a diverse repertoire of choral music. We are a non-auditioned classical chorus and welcome people from different countries who have a desire to sing and to learn about the rich international repertoire of choral music.
Our repertoire includes traditional classical works from early music to 19th & 20th century arrangements of folk and indigenous tunes, new classical works, and more. For our April 2011 concert we are singing songs of peace. For our holiday concert December 2010 we sang holiday carols in French, Italian, Spanish, Latin, Deutsch, Yoruba, and English.
What we are looking for:
- Individuals with a love of choral music who would like the opportunity to make a wondrous sound.
- Novice singers are welcome if there is a desire and commitment to learn and grow.
- Experienced singers with a familiarity of singing in other languages and at least an intermediate sight-reading abilityare a plus.
- People who enjoy a musical challenge and are committed to learning their music quickly.
- Singers with great attitudes and creative thoughts who are willing to help on occasion with special events, fundraising and member recruitment.
Why Join the Washington International Chorus?
- You will have the opportunity to suggest and influence the music we perform.
- Gain experience working with dedicated and talented singers.
- Expand your choral repertoire and skills, including opportunities for solo work.
- Be part of a new, vibrant, and growing group who pushes excellence and fun!
To join the chorus as a singer, please let us know your interest and contact information by going to the "Contact Us section of our website. Auditions are not required,however, singers are invited to be guests at a rehearsal and have a discussion with the Conductor at the end of the rehearsal. Newcomers are then asked to sing with the chorus for four rehearsals, at which point, at the discretion of the Conductor, they may be asked to join.
It is the responsibility of all singers to attend regular weekly rehearsals, practice their music during the week, and perform with the chorus at various venues.
The chorus has no dues requirement although in the future that is a possibility.
We hope you’ll join us for rehearsal!
Rehearsals in the Washington area are held on Tuesdays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at our new location: The United Church (the German Church) at 1920 G Street NW Washington, DC 20006. Rehearsal is in their education building which is behind the church. While standing on G street, face the church and go up the driveway along the left side of the Parish House. At the end of the driveway turn right and follow the ramp up to the door of the Education Building. If the door is locked - ring the bell. The choir room is located on the second floor. When entering the building turn left at the end of the short hall and proceed to the stairs and go up to the second floor.
The nearest metro stop is Foggy Bottom or Farragut West. Some street parking it available but limited.
Questions? / Comments?/ Desire for more information? - Drop us a line